Feeling well prepared for your session is key and extremely important. I would highly recommend reading though these tips and tricks so that you feel ready for your session and we can capture the best photos possible.
• Everyone’s different so wear and bring what best suites you but dress nicely; these are special photos we are going to create.
• If you bring different outfits, choose a few different styles (casual, dressy, fashionable, etc.) mixing it up is always key.
• Dress your best and put thought into your clothing choices.
• Always bring options/back up just in case something doesn't work out.
• Make sure your clothing is clean, unwrinkled, and ready to go.
• Extra outfits should be brought on hangers (wrinkly clothes never photograph well).
• All clothing choices should flatter you so that we know you will enjoy the way you look. So make sure you've tried everything on and you really LOVE the way it looks.
• You can never have too many shoes as I always say so bring options.
• Senior style ideas - http://www.pinterest.com/raacheldaviss/seniors-style-ideas
• Having your hair + makeup professionally done is highly recommended; even if done extremely natural it still adds that perfect touch before getting your photos professionally taken. My makeup artists info is all included in the pricing packages I send out to my clients.
• If you’re going to do your own makeup for your session make sure it is well done (it really does make a huge difference).
• If you wear very little makeup take the extra time to make sure it’s done nicely.
• Breakouts and acne are completely normal for teenagers so don’t worry about that at all, it’s very easy to retouch.
• Lipsticks can be a lot of fun so don't be afraid to bring along your favorite color. The camera loves color.
• Always make sure your eyebrows are groomed and looking their best.
• No chapped lips. Either wear chap stick/lip gloss/lipstick or bring some chap stick along to apply if your lips get dry easily.
• Nails should be polished OR completely unpolished.
• I would suggest not making drastic changes to your hair right before the session so that you know you will like the way it looks in photos.
• If you love your natural hair, rock it!
• Make sure your hair is brushed, combed, or styled exactly the way you want it to appear in photos.
• I LOVE accessories. They give that extra touch of personal style.
• Fun accessories to think about - rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, anklets, body chains, hats, sunglasses, bags, blankets, props and anything else you can think of that you'd want in your session.
• If you can't decide on what pieces to bring just bring along a few and we can see what captures the best in photos.
• If you love sports, music, dance, art, any kind of activity, or hobby you are more than welcome to bring anything along that you’d like (sports equipment, sports uniforms, musical instruments, dance outfits, art pieces or supplies). I would love to help make your personality shine in your photos.
Everybody wants to feel comfortable in front of the camera so I’d suggest practicing your posing before your shoot even if it sounds silly. It will be a lot more fun if you can open up and just be yourself. Practice some different poses and even some faces in the mirror; it will help you feel more confident and ready for your shoot. Of course, I will help guide you in any way necessary while we are shooting so don’t worry too much.
The most important thing is to have fun, relax and be YOU! If you do those three things we can’t go wrong. You will look amazing, I will help and guide you throughout the whole session, and we will have a perfect time together ♥